Position: Electrical Engineer
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Experience: 3+ Years relevant experience
Education: Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
teaBOT is a venture-backed start-up in Toronto that graduated from Y Combinator last summer. We’re revolutionizing the current retail tea experience. Using modern technology, we’re building immersive self-serve tea kiosks that allow consumers to educate themselves about tea, and create a personalized cup of tea using our tablet interface. Over 10,000 custom blends are possible by mixing and matching ingredients, temperatures and flavour profile! We’re located in Toronto’s hip Queen West area. Help us revolutionize the tea industry!
About the Job
We’re building BOTs as fast as we can and we need help introducing new features and making the existing design more easily manufacturable. We need an experienced Electrical Engineer to with both our AC and DC systems. Currently, the focus is on the DC system and control of many actuators and inputs from sensors.
You will be responsible for the electrical / electronics designs of existing and new robotic kiosks. This will range through the entire design process from initial concept design and cost forecasting through to detailed design, verification and validation, and final release to production. Design challenges will span from high-level system architecture, power distribution to board layout, and field testing.
You will be responsible for significant portions of the electrical design for our new and existing products.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Electrical design of robotic kiosks.
- Diagnostics and design revisions electrical system.
- Low speed digital/analog circuit design.
- Cable assembly design.
- PCB design and outsourcing.
- Integration and testing of prototypes.
Additional tasks may include:
- Care, feeding, and testing of new products.
- Evaluating how we can apply lessons-learned from other industries to our designs.
- Supporting on-site installation and commissioning of robotics equipment at customer facilities. Occasional travel may be required.
- Supporting the evaluation of existing and new suppliers.
- Certification and compliance reviews.
- Mentoring and assisting junior members of the team.
You want to work for a startup company, have control and flexibility over your work and work well in a team. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Finally, you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
- Digital/Analog circuit design (2+ yrs)
- Prototyping and debugging experience (1+ yrs)
- Good skills with standard design software (ex. Altium Designer, Eagle, Orcad, KiCad)
- Comfortable with working closely with a multidisciplinary project team
- Eligible to work in Canada
Bonus points for:
- Standards or certification experience (UL, CSA, CE, FCC, ESA and NEC (US and Canada))
- Knowledge of I2C architecture.
- Product development experience.
- C and C++ programming experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel to US.
Apply through our online job portal. Please submit cover letter along with your resume. Instructions for sending supporting documentation, including testimonials, references, writing samples, or other indications of exceptional past experience will be provided in the confirmation email sent by our system upon receiving your application. Please include “Electrical Engineer” in the subject of any further communications.